Our Schools Now Sets Seven Public Meetings
Our Schools Now Sets Seven Regional Public Meetings for
Teacher and Student Success Act
(SALT LAKE CITY) July 5, 2017 – Our Schools Now has scheduled seven public meetings throughout the state to receive public comment on the Teacher and Student Success Act, the largest investment increase proposal for Utah schools in state history.
“The people of Utah have the opportunity to decide if we should make this investment in their children and in our future,” said Scott Anderson, President and CEO of Zions Bank and Co-chair of Our Schools Now. “These hearings will continue the conversation on how to best support teachers, improve achievement, and ensure students are better prepared with skills to succeed in today’s word.”
The meetings are scheduled for Tuesday, July 11 at 6:00 PM at the following locations:
● Ashley Elementary – 350 North 1150 West Vernal, UT 84078
● Castle Heights Elementary – 750 North Homestead Blvd Price, UT 84501
● Ephraim Elementary – 570 South 300 East Ephraim, UT 84627
● Hillcrest Elementary – 960 North 1400 East Logan, UT 84321
● Legacy Elementary – 280 East 100 South St. George, UT 84770
● Orem Elementary – 450 West 400 South Orem, UT 84058
● Wasatch Elementary – 30 R Street Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Public notice has been delivered to the required individuals and in newspapers throughout the state. For those that are not able to attend and wish to provide comments, they can be submitted through the Our Schools Now website at www.ourschoolsnow.com.
After holding these hearings, Our Schools Now will begin collecting signatures in August. Our Schools Now must gather 113,143 signatures in 26 out of 29 Senate Districts to place the Act on the 2018 ballot.